1.18.2009

Starting Over

Last year I was a little pressed at the end of the year to make my miles for Emirates Gold. Part of the reason I took a short vacation at the beginning of December was to make sure that I got over the Gold limit for miles. But shortly after I took over the Asia Pacific Market and I flew a lot more miles. By the end of the year I had 72,000 miles, 50K is needed for Gold.

Today I looked at my first statement and I have 4,000 miles towards my 50K for 2009. If I do not achieve Gold this year I will revert back to a Silver member, but at this point I don't know if I can go back to being treated Silvery. I much prefer the treatment I get as a Gold member.

Hopefully I will have a couple trips back to the states that should easily get me over the barrier by the end of the year.