4.18.2006

After trying several times to chronicle getting a new job in an interesting way, I will just say that I have gotten an offer for a new job and will be taking it/have accepted it.

Today I told my current employer that I will no longer be working after Friday April 28th. This is part one of that story.

Since I work in a small office, 3 people, I wanted to involve both employers with the conversation of me leaving so that they could both absorb that information at the same time and I wouldn't have to have several different discussions regarding this job, the new job, or anything else that they may want to talk about. However, as the day went on I started to realize that it wasn't going to happen that way.

At 10 minutes of 4:00, I told one of my employers that I needed to speak with him prior to him leaving for yet another many hour outing. He came to the office and I told him that I was leaving and that I had accepted a new job. His reaction was not quite what I expected, but there are still 8 days left for him to show his true anger. Hopefully it will not come to that, but as of now he has scheduled some time for the three of us to sit and talk about me leaving.

I will continue this story as more information is available, certainly tomorrow night.