7.13.2009

Benefits

Approximately 2 months ago now, I changed jobs with my company. At that time, with apparently no one that knew what they were doing, I was terminated. I didn't ever know about it until today.

You see, I was still getting a paycheck, I was still coming to work, deductions were being made from my check for health insurance, retirement, tax etc.

Today though, when I checked to see why I haven't gotten my new insurance cards yet, I found out that I do not have health insurance. I do not have any retirement benefits. Other than a paycheck, I don't technically work for the company.

When I called benefits to figure it out they said they couldn't do anything about it. When I called HR to find out what was going on, they said they would get back to me. Sounds to me like some one screwed up royally and apparently I was the recipient of the screw.

Great effort for a company that is going through a reorganization and is losing more than just the people they are laying off. You see people don't like being messed with and will change companies to avoid it.