11.24.2008

Pretty Bad

I have been pretty bad about updating recently, and for that I apologize. I hope that some of my funny little experiences have helped keep people interested.

The Boring:
Since I came back from the States, I have been working a lot. There have been some stupid things happening around the office, and around the company. At one point I was supposed to take over a different area, then it wasn't mine, now it looks like I might get it again. I have been traveling a bit, but for the most part they are trips that aren't much fun. I was in Saudi Arabia for 11 days, including a weekend. I was able to finish a bunch of books while I was there and felt good about reading. I am really happy in my Kindle purchase because of traveling.

The Annoying:
While I thought I would be coming home early, due to conversations I had with many different people, that will not be the case. For now I am trying to make a decision about if I want to come home next year, or if I want to stick it out a bit longer for the experience.

I mentioned it in the boring section, but I am a bit annoyed about it is my area, it is not my area deal. I am hoping that they come to a decision soon.

The Cool:
Again, I am kind of excited to pick up the new area because it would give me more places to travel every once in a while. It would be nice to go to places that look different than this. Sand and small bushes are ok, but they get a little boring after a year.

We have a very long weekend coming up and because of my boredom with the area, I have booked a 5 day trip to Athens, Greece. I got a pretty good deal on it. After that trip and some other trips that I have scheduled, I will certainly become a gold level traveler with Emirates Airlines. That is exciting because it means I get to use all the lounges and check in with the first class passengers regardless of how I am flying. The bonus to all of this is that I am earning a ton of miles that I can use with United when I move home and can hopefully have a bunch of free tickets when I get home.

Emily, the girl I am seeing not my sister, is coming to Dubai for Christmas and New Years. It will be a great week.

My parents then come at the end of January. That will be fun too.



That is it for now. I will try to update more often with what is going on.