8.22.2007

Stupid freaking Movie Crap

So, I went to the movie rental store today to rent The Ex. I have been using Hollywood Video because it is the closest to my house. Today I went to rent this movie only to find out that there is a new stupidity in the video rental market.

Apparently Blockbuster is buying exclusive rights to rent certain movies. What I found out is that they can only maintain those rights for a couple of weeks. After that there is nothing to stop other video rental stores from purchasing copies to rent them out.

What this meant for me today is that I could not rent The Ex unless I chose to drive to Blockbuster and open an account there.

I remember back in the day there were similar deals with theater chains. Some theaters got certain movies.

I hate this hole thing and wish that I could just rent movies where ever the hell I want to.