8.27.2007

A Month Long Waste of Time

This post is really not going to be interesting in the least. However, I wanted to set up a post that I will put up at the beginning of October. You see I am interested to see how I spend my time. I am going to get pretty into this. I am in the process of setting up a spreadsheet broken down into 15 minute periods for each day of the month of September. From 7.00 am to 6.00 pm I will have an entry that reads "work" which will be figured in as part of how I spend my time. From there I will make an entry for each quarter hour interval as to what I did. I figure it should take me about 10 minutes each night to accurately account for all my time in a given day.

I thought about what I did with my time this weekend while I was driving to and from Dallas. This got me to thinking about how much time I spend doing things that I actually enjoy doing and how much time I spend just wasting time. I think it will be interesting to look back at a month and see what I am spending my time doing.