4.11.2007

Vista First Impression

Do you remember the Get a Mac ad from about a month ago making a joke about the security in Vista. There was a body guard who was imitating the security on the new Windows OS. Mac said hello and the body guard said "Mac has issued a salutation, Cancel or allow?"

Well, I thought that this was just emphasizing a point when I saw it about how stupid some of the questions windows security asks you, but I was totally wrong.

A buddy of mine bought a new Dell and asked for some help setting up a wireless printer, so I went over to help him and that 'Joke' was almost spot on. Every time I hit the next key during the install process, windows would ask if this operation was intentional and whether it should allow it.

Here's to Windows, making people even less productive by asking stupid questions.