3.21.2007

Airport Disk

I have, until recently, kept my iTunes library on an external hard drive in order to keep all of my music in the library. I have a lot of music that I don't listen to very often, if at all, but I like to have it there so that i have the option to listen to it.

When I found out that you could attach a disk to the new Airport Extreme Base Station, this seemed like a great idea because I would no longer need to mount and un-mount the hard drive in order to connect to my library while I was at home.

I am here to tell you that, even with instruction, and many days of futzing around with it. I am still unable to get the library to work over the Airport. I am a little disappointed about it. I can connect to the hard drive and move things back and forth. The only thing I can't do is use the iTunes library.

If anyone has any ideas about what I might do to get this to work, please, let me know.

Otherwise I have to say that, like every Apple product I have owned, the Airport works great. The speed of the thing is incredible. I can transfer files back and forth and open files from the hard disk really quickly, now if only my internet connection was faster.