8.10.2005

I saw the new Dukes of Hazzard movie last weekend. It is a totally descent movie, but is more worth it if you are a fan of Broken Lizard. There were a few jokes that were funny, but only to those of us movie goers who had seen Super Troopers. The other thing I would have to say about the movie is that there were many jokes in the courhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifse of two hours that seemed to go over the heads of the majority of the viewers, in fact there was one joke where I was one of two people in a packed theatre laughing. Overall, I would say that this movie is worth renting, but can easily be skipped in the theatre.

I also saw The Great Raid last weekend. This was a fantastic movie, but I assume it will be overlooked as it takes place during World War II in the pacific arena. Because most people focus on the war in Europe, I think that few people will find interest in the story. I will also assume that many people will skip it because it is about saving POWs and will definately be over shadowed by the other WWII movie, Saving Private Ryan. However, unlike SPR this movie is almost completely accurate as far as movements and story go, and SPR was only accurate in a few parts.

Finally, I watched Sky High last weekend and it was fun, but really worth skipping. Again, I saw it to support a member of Broken Lizard. There were a few funny parts, but on the whole it was not all that good.

I probably saw too many movies last weekend.