10.22.2007

Update

I had fully intended on putting a post up once a day while I was traveling. It soon became apparent to me that it wouldn't be possible due to time constraints, ie work and trying to get around to all the things I want to do. It is also a bit difficult because, as some of you know from trying to talk to me online, my internet connection at my apartment blows pretty hard.

So, my posting will be more limited than I thought and there will probably be no pictures until I get home.

I have also found that due to those time constraints, I won't be traveling quite as much as I thought I would. I will however be heading to Amsterdam for work sometime this week and I am going to attempt to get to Glasgow this weekend.

I made it around Aberdeen pretty well this weekend. I got into the City Centre and to the Shore and I went to the Maritime Museum. I also got to Castle Gate, which seemed vaguely familiar from the movie Timeline, But I think they were at Castle Guard in that movie. Pretty interesting stuff in the city itself. For the size of the city, the City Centre gets pretty dang busy on the weekends, so much so that sometimes you have to wait through two lights to cross the street.

My taxi driver this morning asked why people in the States don't learn to drive manual transmissions. I didn't know how to respond, so I told him that people were into easiness and couldn't be bothered to remember shifting. I think it is a relatively accurate answer.